Specialty Care & Referrals
Your Fenway Health provider may refer you to medical specialists at the Health Center. Areas of specialty include infectious disease, gynecology, psychiatry, gerontology, dermatology, nutrition, and podiatry. If a required specialty is not available at Fenway, your provider will refer you to a specialist at Beth Israel Lahey Health or through the CareGroup network.
If you would like to request a referral from your PCP to a specialist, please gather the following information:
- Your name, phone number and date of birth
- The name of your Primary Care Provider
- The name of the specialist you are requesting an appointment with
- The specialist’s hospital, phone number and fax number
- Your insurance carrier and insurance ID #
- Date of next appointment
- Reason for referral
Once you have gathered the information, you can request a referral in one of three ways:
- Call the referral request line at 617.927.6130.
- Send an email to the Referral Department.
- Send a fax to the Referral Department’s attention at 617.425.5730.
Fenway: South End
Sidney Borum, Jr. Health Center
Requesting Medical Records
To request a copy of your medical record, please download the medical records release form (PDF) and then fax it to 617.425.5713 or mail it to Medical Records, Fenway Health, Ansin Building, 1340 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02215.