Boston’s Women’s Health Experts
Fenway’s Women’s Health Program seeks to meet the healthcare needs of all individuals using its services, across the spectrum of identity, including lesbians, bisexual, queer, and heterosexual women, transgender women, people who identify as gender neutral or nonbinary, and people on the transmasculine spectrum. Our clinic is wheelchair accessible and has gender-inclusive bathrooms.
*Note: Fenway serves all individuals and families regardless of ability to pay. We provide free care and discounted charges on a sliding scale depending on family size and income, and to persons with significant medical expenses.
- Create a welcoming place where all patients are encouraged to be active participants in their healthcare.
- Serve people with diverse sexual and gender identities and expressions.
- Improve health and well-being by providing excellent comprehensive care, education, outreach and advocacy, and research collaborations.
- Re-evaluate the effectiveness of traditional models of healthcare delivery and continuously explore new opportunities to enhance the quality of care.
We are accepting new patients at all of our locations.
Women’s Health providers at Fenway Health are experts in:
- Primary Care for Children, Adults, and Seniors
- Routine physical exams
- Preventive health counseling
- Chronic illness management
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Screenings
- Birth Control and Contraception
- Obstetrics and Prenatal Care
- Lactation Services
- Alternative Insemination
- Transgender Health
- STD/HIV Prevention and Treatment
- Mammography and Bone Density Screening
Our Team-Based Approach to Your Care
Every medical patient at Fenway works with a primary care team, which includes a primary care provider and a registered nurse who are actively involved in your care. Depending upon your preference, your primary care provider may be a physician, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner. You may request a Spanish-speaking provider.
Your provider serves as a team leader and coordinates all routine medical care: exams, lab tests, medical imaging, diagnosis, and treatment. In addition, our team includes a social worker to support emotional and mental well-being. Our program coordinator promotes our services through outreach events that encourage holistic health.
When appropriate, your team will refer you to other Fenway resources, such as:
- Behavioral Health
- Complementary therapies including acupuncture, massage therapy and tobacco cessation
- To set up a free, one-on-one tobacco cessation session, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dentistry and optometry
- Other in-house specialty services, including dermatology, podiatry and pulmonology
Women's Health News at Fenway Health
BOSTON, March 22, 2021—Last week, the House of Representatives passed an historic amendment to the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2021 (VAWA) establishing a
The 2020 Judy Bradford LGBTQIA+ Women’s Health Research Forum was hosted virtually by The Fenway Institute on October 30th and 31st. The forum brought together
Fenway Health recently welcomed Dr. Anne d’Avenas as the Women’s Health Program Director. Dr. d’Avenas was born in France and raised in California. She holds
The Women’s Health Team at Fenway Health is happy to announce a call for proposals for the Judy Bradford Community Grant. Fenway Health is a
The Family Medicine team at Fenway Health has launched a series of new informational sheets designed to help new patients – and new parents and